View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 12:38 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,615 Times in 8,330 Posts

Bullseye is the basis and foundation of all shooting competitions, and the best learning platform. What you learn in Bullseye carries over to all other handgun sports. Sight picture, breath control, trigger pull, mental control, etc. I would start by contacting the local gun shops, usually there is someone there familiar with the area ranges and leagues, especially the shops that sell reloading supplies. Many large city ranges don't have leagues, and I don't know why. The more shooters you bring in the more products you can sell. I know, it takes someone willing to set it up, keep the scores, figures the handicaps (if a handicapped league), get the awards, prepare certificates, get NRA charters, etc, etc. I have run a local bullseye league at our local little pistol club every winter for 30 years, just retiring this last year, (but still shooting). It can be work. but it is rewarding. Contact your state shooting association, I'm sure they have a web site. Good luck, it's great fun. Of all the shooting I have done, PPC, IPSC, IHMSA, High Power Rifle, Small Bore Rifle, Trap & Skeet I still enjoy bullseye the most. Start with a .22 RF semi-auto (such as a S&W Mod 41) you can learn the most at a reasonable price.