View Single Post

Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 AM

Liked 945 Times in 518 Posts
Default Remington rifled barrel for Remington 870 with Nikon Slughunter scope mounted.

Less than 2 years ago, I purchased this barrel and scope and mounted the scope with Leupold rings. However, some health issues have intervened into my deerhunting plans and I must accept that I probably will not be able to use them for the intended purpose. (Plus, I want to pay for my new Velodyne subwoofer before the wife notices how much I spent on it.).
The barrel is a Remington factory rifled barrel. The scope is a Nikon Slughunter BDC 200 model. It is a variable 3-9 power x 40mm scope. It has a crosshair reticle, with two circles below it so you can have three aiming points without having to fiddle with the knobs. I have this combo adjusted so that the reticle is good out to 50 yards, the first circle from 50 to 100 yards, and the second circle past 100 yards. I found that using Winchester sabot slugs, I can place three slugs on top of one another at 25 yards, shoot a 2" group at 50 yards, and a sub-3" group at 100 yards. Past 100 yards, the ballistics of the slugs begins to degrade.
The barrel is 23" in length and has a cantilever mount for the scope, and the scope is mounted for proper eye relief. I will include all the original packaging and papers for both barrel and scope. They are in slightly used but still as-new condition. NOTE that the Remington shotgun in the photo is not included.
Asking $500, shipped within the mainland USA. Will consider offers. Payment by US Postal Money order, available at any US Post Office. Post "I'll take it" and email me at:
[email protected]
Thanks!

Last edited by andyo5; 06-16-2011 at 04:05 PM.