View Single Post

Old 06-14-2011, 11:51 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,205 Times in 288 Posts

I've been a 1911 shooter for 20 years or so and always keep at least one in the work/carry rotation. I got into the M&P thing a couple of months ago, when our range guys had a couple of samples for us to try out. I was immediately impressed with the M&P 45 and went out and got one with the thumb safety. I got the thumb safety model because it was similar in operation to the 1911; safety down to make it go bang, safety up when holstered. To me the M&P seems to lock on target naturally with quick doubles almost easy. The factory night sights are almost perfect with just the right amount of light on each side of the front blade. I haven't put a lot of rounds through it yet, but it seems like a very well made pistol. No malfunctions at all, with several hundred FMJ and HP rounds so far. I got to go to the M&P armorer's course and was impressed with the engineering that went into them. The accuracy between the M&P and a good 1911 are similar. Sometimes you have to tweak a 1911 to make it 100% reliable, depending on brand or era of manufacture. I'm sure a high dollar 1911 can be more accurate. The different grip inserts on the M&P make it easy to fit whatever size hand you have. I think the only thing that would make the M&P 45 better would be a 5" model.

Last edited by thomasinaz; 06-14-2011 at 11:57 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: