View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

I think I need to come to Jim and Rick's defense on the China subject. They discussed that here at the time, and the conclusion was they could print a much larger and better quality book for less than half the price. Yes, there were some printing errors, but you find them in almost any printed work these days. Who knows where the error was introduced. I was even impressed with the quality when I got mine. At the time Supica was joking about the large format and calling it the "Dick Burg coffee table" edition.

From where I sit here in my recliner, I can easily glance to the side and see the bookcase with all 3 editions together. The first was well bound, the 2nd almost a paper cover, and the much thicker 3rd edition. My views are biased, I know. The first edition was like a gift from God. It was so much better than anything else on the market we were all just stunned. The 2nd did correct many of the objectionable problems in the first. But the 3rd outdid itself. Don't be too sure the errors you discover exist in the copies your buddies have. Early on there were bound examples with duplicate pages, or a missing page. I fault the Commies for that, surely not the authors.

And this forum can be a huge benefit. The current owner plans on us keeping all our old posts. In the past they'd be culled from time to time and we'd lose some pretty important information. Remember you're not paying for this research tool (but you can if you want, just by sending Lee some funds).

Maybe someone should contact the authors and confirm their decision to not print a 4th edition.