View Single Post

Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,223 Times in 145 Posts

Thanks for the interest!

Rick & I have always sort of assumed there would be another edition at some point in the future, and we've been keeping notes on changes, corrections & additions. I don't recall a "NEVER" to a 4th Ed., but certainly that summarizes the sentiment when one completes a task like this, and I don't often recall what i had for breakfast, so I spose that's possible.

wheelgun28 & others, if you would like to see corrections, we may not know about the errors unless you tell us. Just email us [email protected] and [email protected] and we'll file yours. If you don't point em out to us, you lose the right to complain if they're not corrected.

I am inclined to hold out for a new format if we do a 4th. I'd like to see a hardback color profusely illustrated reference book WITHOUT prices, updated maybe every ten years or so, and a slim paperback "gun show friendly" price guide to be updated every 3 years or so.

At this point I think the errors are relatively few, but there have been a bunch of new products to add, and of course the prices are out of date, so i expect a 4th Ed. will come about at some point.
Making it a price guide in the first place was the publisher's idea. I think it's helpful, and probably sells books, but it does become very quickly dated.

We have no choice over where it's printed, but i'm glad to see in printed USA. The publisher contacted me and asked me to do the book. I told them I didn't know enough to do it but Rick did, and that's how it got started. Lots of folks on this forum and in SWCA pitched in to help. Rick & I do the inside stuff, the publisher prints, distributes, etc.

Dunno when we'd have time to work on it. Right now my big publishing project is "ILLUSTRATED HISTORY OF FIREARMS" with Doug Wicklund and Phil Schreier, featuing the collection of the NRA National Firearms Museum. The publisher wants it out by Xmas. I'm skeptical.

Now ya'll know as much as i do on the subject. Happy collecting! - Jim

Last edited by JimSupica; 06-20-2011 at 09:56 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: