View Single Post

Old 06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorsche View Post
Looks like my rifle is the bizarro-world version of yours. Everything I shot yesterday worked flawlessly, except for the CCI Tactical AR.

Out of 10 magazines of the Tactical ammo, I had 5 failures to feed (5 rounds out of 170, or 3% failure rate). All of the failures pretty much looked like the attached image when they came out of the gun.

I also shot CCI standard, Winchester Super X, CCI Mini-Mag, and Federal Bulk. None of them had a single problem. I shot about 100 rounds of each, except for the Federal. I think that brings my grand total of Federal bulk to about 1100 rounds without issue.

I guess the Tactical AR does OK, but I'll take flawless operation over 3% failure any day.

Unfortunately I shot from my bipod again yesterday and I wasn't consistent enough to determine whether one type of ammo was significantly more accurate from 50 yards than another. Everything seemed to have pretty similar groups, so I guess that's a good sign.

I think I'll stick with Federal for my cheap plinking and plan to do some more careful experimentation with others to pick a premium round to use. The unopened box of Tactical AR is going to be returned.
I've only got around 300 rds through my 15-22, but the CCI AR Tactical did the same on mine as yours (bent on feeding).

I shot CCI Mini-Mag, Win 333, and Remington GB round nose and HP with no issues at all.