Thread: +P Wadcutter
View Single Post

Old 06-20-2011, 05:59 PM

Liked 1,909 Times in 788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich View Post
Because they have to market magic-bean/magic-pixie-dust stuff that only they manufacture. I mean, to read the press on this new stuff, you'd be shocked to learn that anyone ever even died in the Civil War.

To be honest, the guy who home-rolls a defensive WC load is probably going to be a more deadly shot with it than the fella who buys the a 20-round box of the latest RemFedChesterBonBore TAPDXTALON'Ball round that got written up in ShootingAmmoBlast. Because he'll have shot a hell of a lot more of it through his gun, and he'll have tailored his load to do what he needs from his gun.

Don't get me wrong, I like magic beans as much as the next guy, but you don't need a magic bean . . . or pixie dust. If people spent half the time actually practicing and studying shot-placement with Gray's Anatomy that they do arguing over pixie-dust bullets and tastes-great/less-filling caliber issues, folks would be a lot better off.

Now let me get back to worrying over what I should carry in my new SIG P220 Compact Elite SAO - the Hornady TAP 200-gr +P rounds that do 950 fps from the gun or the Winchester Ranger RA45TP 230-gr +Ps that do 900 fps from it. All you boys have a great weekend and a wonderful Father's Day!
Come on Erich... Tell us how you REALLY feel about wadcutters.