View Single Post

Old 06-20-2011, 07:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,898 Times in 391 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebago Son View Post
Chuck, interestingly the holster rig shown as worn by the gutzy troop with the TG pretty clearly at 1:02 of Gunny's clip looks to be a Brauer Brothers shoulder rig.... complete with undyed leather and elastic straps... Or given that brief glimpse, it's also possible that this holster is a Heiser No. 22....
Drew, I've replayed the clip slow-mo a few times now and it very well could be either actually, but I'm leaning toward Heiser. By the way, the video clip is probably as rare as the gun. History.com won
t sell any of their clips and I'm afraid this one will go away some day. I wish I had a way to find out who the TR was in the clip holding what I believe to be one of the 10 test guns that went to Vietnam for scarcely 90 days in the Summer/Fall of 1969. After they came home, though one didn't as it was lost in a tunnel after being dropped hence the request for a lanyard loop, none ever returned to Vietnam and the program was shut down. In the article I plan to pull out several Army test reports on the TG. They tell a whole different side to the story. The gun wasn't only tested in the tunnels, it was also used in a few ambushes above ground and the results were surprising. More later
Chuck