View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 AM

Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts

Yeah, I like their tests. They do a lot of "practical" testing. I especially liked the videos of the old kevlar brain bucket. I was kinda surprised and relieved at the same time. I never had to use on in combat, but it makes me feel a little better about the guys and gals that do.

As far as the 5.7x28 goes, I don't know much about it, but I think you would need the AP rounds to get any kind of penetration through ballistic material. I may be wrong about that one, so I'm gonna go check after I get done here. IMHO the round is a fad for civilians. It's way too expesive around here and equally hard to find. If I venture into the land of EBRs I'd most likely go with the tried and true AK-47. Flame suit on. I had too many bad experiences with my M16 (it was the A2 version) jamming from dirt, sand, or my platoon Sgt looking at it mean.

Along those lines, I could digress for hours about why I think the .40 and .357 Sig were answers to questions that were never asked as well. That might be fodder for PM's or a new thread though.