View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15ed View Post
2 inches at 15 yards??? in the real world, that is a miniscule deviation. i really don't think i would permanently alter the gun.
Neither would I, unless I intended to use it for hunting squirrels in tall timber. Although I don't recognize that model # offhand, it may be unlikely that it will become a collector piece anytime soon, and maybe never. But even so, any detectable alteration to the original sights would probably have a negative affect on it's future value even if it's later restored as near to the original configuration as practical from a monetary standpoint. And in the final analysis, all for very little or no gain in real world practicality.

In my not-so-humble-opinion any fixed sight handgun that will put repeatable 5-shot 2" groups within 2'' of POA @ 15 yds is performing within it's design envelope. That 2" off POA should translate into approximately 3" off POA @ 25 yds, which aint all bad unless you're a gun rag writer with a hyper-inflated perception of your marksmanship skills. I strongly suspect that actual 3" or 4" groups at a range often become 1" or 1-1/4" groups in the writer's article if he thinks that a little white fib may earn him ownership of the well prepared sample gun the manufacturer loaned out to him.
The Following User Likes This Post: