View Single Post

Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Liked 106 Times in 70 Posts

We are in the process of moving from the country to the city. Hopefully I will be able to find a place to shoot in the Fort Worth area. With that in mind I have been on the lookout for something to use as a reloading bench in the limited area I will have here. I decided on an area behind the stairs from the garage to the house.
Last weekend I found an oak drafting table for a reasonable price at an estate sale. This weekend I bought a couple of 8' 2x10's and built some shelves above it. I will put my scale and powder on the lower shelf, my turrets with dies installed and the related shell holder, are in the shorter coffee cans. My Pro Auto powder measures are in the taller coffee cans at the back of the bench, under the shelves, as well as a shorter can with the primer setups. The top shelf is for taller misc items. The first photo shows this.
I also cut a couple of boards to put across the bottom stretchers. Bullets and cans of brass will go there as shown in the second photo.
The third photo shows my Luxo lamp attached.
The last photo shows the neat lockable drawer for primers, calipers, and other little things.
I believe this will take care of my needs for the forseeable future if I can keep from cluttering it up. I made an effort to not bring a lot of odds and ends I have accumulated over the years, and I will probably get rid of a lot of dies, etc., that I do not use any more.
I have less than $100 in the setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010126.jpg (72.4 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg P1010127.jpg (62.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg P1010130.jpg (50.9 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg P1010129.jpg (81.3 KB, 235 views)