View Single Post

Old 07-01-2011, 11:54 AM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

I've had one for several years now. Its a pretty good little pocket gun. When my youngest wanted to take his CCW course, he asked to borrow something reliable (he likes semi-autos). So I selected it for him to use.

He didn't like the laser sight, so I took them off. But then when he came back to give it to me, he said the instructor and everyone else taking the course liked it. The instructor told him it was a very nice little gun. Of course it was, that's why I bought it.

Twice since then he's come back to borrow it. The most recent was when his wife and another couple wanted to go shooting. The other couple just to see what guns were all about. And of course all of them liked it. And each return trip to me it was left dirty.... But its OK I guess, I'd rather clean it than to have them maybe damage the paint job finish.

And I'm kind of on the hook here for a couple of expensive guns. About 5 years ago both the DILs were pregnant, and there was a rash of people stealing babies (we discussed it back then) out of the women's stomach! Yuck, but scary to pregnant mothers to be. So I stuck my foot in my mouth. It told them if any of them take the time and effort to get a CCW, I'd pay for it. And when they got it, I'd pay for a suitable CCW gun. (one I felt was suitable, not a glock.) Of course anyone would figure out I'd end up buying each a top dollar scandium Smith. Sons aren't stupid, they both immediately went about getting their licenses. They were cheap, with one wanting a 637, the other wanted my historic M60. Fine. DILs will want to go shopping and buy what catches their eye. But its been a long time now, and neither has bothered. But they all like the 351, and for good reason.

If you're at all recoil sensitive, its a winner. And don't believe the weight numbers the factory or anyone else publishes. They take the empty gun and plunk it down on a scale. Weigh it with ammo included (if you're squeamish about weighing a loaded gun just drop the ammo along side.) When you do that, the 7 rimfire rounds weigh a lot less than the 5 centerfire 38s or 357s.