View Single Post

Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Thanks again Mike! I am digging the look of your gun John (PALADIN85020), some great history as well.

What is the best way to get in contact with Roy Jinks? Anyone have an email or physical address? I want to send him my gun info and see what he can find out for me.

I talked to my dad and he said it was ether a ROTC gun my grandpa used in the 30's or a gun used to guard German Merchant Marines stationed in Idaho during WWII or possibly both. He lived in Sugar City Idaho. I did find this on-line that shows there where German POW's in Sugar City.

"Idaho became home to two major and sixteen minor German and Italian prisoner of war (POW) camps. The largest camps were located at Farragut and Rupert, others were in Rexburg, Sugar City, Rigby, and Idaho Falls.(16) The Second World War recovered Idaho's failing economy completely and put to use the agricultural, natural, and political resources of the state."

http://www.kindredtrails.com/Idaho_History-4.html

He is trying to get some more family history info for me as well as hopefully some pictures of my grandpa in uniform with his gun hopefully. I would love to know more history on this gun and my Grandpa.

I got some black walnut and I am going to make a presentation box for it. I want to put a false bottom in it to store the holster and S&W letter. Then on the inside of the lid put the picture of my grandpa, his name, years lived, and model of the gun & year.

Last edited by lts70; 07-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.