View Single Post

Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

@oldman45

THANKS SO MUCH for the "like". Much appreciated !!

There was a time when I thought about carrying other defensive gear. But through experiences shared with me by others, I concluded that, in my world, a single highly reliable firearm was best and anything else was unnecessary confusion/weight.

There was a YouTube video shared by a security professional on a 1911-specific forum in relation to the "reaction time" question. It was a horrific video to watch -- six to eight policeman in Guatemala, each armed with both semi-auto handguns and AR rifles, were attempted to surround and arrest one (just one) "bad guy" individual who was wielding a knife. At the end of the video, four of the police officers were dead or dying. It only took seconds for the "bad guy" to do this.

As much as I was pained by watching this video, I realized by studying the officers' "mistakes" that in most criminal assault situations, the defending law-abiding citizen - or officer - likely has only 1-3 seconds to react. I've chosen my carry weapons (just one at at time!) and holster with this in mind. These specific carry 1911s are ultra-high end 1911s ... and they won't fail if ever called upon.

Last edited by azalea; 07-02-2011 at 05:30 PM.