View Single Post

Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 414 Times in 175 Posts

Below is my response to a member who posted this question a few weeks ago. I will add that the front sight on the Pro is pretty much a throw-away. The F/O rod is too short and doesn't gather enough light. Because the ends are rounded, it doesn't appear as the bright dot that it should.

I have the 9 Pro which has a bit better factory trigger and fiber front sight with a Novak rear.

The trigger in the pro and the sights are not reason enough for the extra money it costs, but the longer barrel and sight radius is enough to notice.

If I had a shot at the 9L for a good price, I would buy it and install an Apex kit.

To ME the L is better. I am, in my own opinion, a little bit of an above-average shot but not the best in the club.

With my 9 Pro I can make 5 rounds touch about 9 out of 10 times at 15 yards at a decent cadence. 80% of that is trigger control but the speed with which I can do it is owed to the gun itself and that says alot to me.

I have plenty of time behind the 4.25 (full size) and still I confidently recommend the 9L over the 4.25" and the Pro.

-Coupla pennies there; spend em how ya please.

Last edited by Avery11; 07-02-2011 at 08:17 PM.