View Single Post

Old 07-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Liked 56 Times in 25 Posts

I have a pre '64 Model 94 in excellent condition that was given to me by my Grandfather before he passed away. I wanted to go deer hunting and I didn't own a deer gun. He loaned it to me and when I killed my first deer with he told me to just hang onto it, I might need it again. I miss that man. It was a long time before I realized what I had. Fortunately in my ignorant youth (I'm still ignorant by the way) the one thing I did was take care of my guns. Its still in excellent condition after all these years. I think I dated it via the serial number somewhere around the mid 1950's years. (I can't recall the exact year right now.)

Anyhow, all that being said I learned of these 9422's about a year ago at a gun show in Birmingham. (I never was much into lever guns, or long guns for that matter) but I had been bitten by the rimfire lever action bug after I saw a buddy had a Marlin in .22lr. I wanted a lever rimfire but I wanted something cool. I felt like the 9422 fit the "cool" niche perfectly. Since that time I have picked up 2 model 9422's. One in long rifle and one in magnum. Both first year 1972 production with 5 digit serial numbers. The magnum is in better shape cosmetically, but both are in great shape. I hope my son will appreciate his triple set of 94 model levers when he gets them.

Yours are very nice by the way, I wouldn't mind having one those XTR models myself.

Here is a photo of the 9422 .22 magnum.

Last edited by Firehouse; 07-03-2011 at 09:44 AM.