View Single Post

Old 07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiesDuckHunter View Post
Th eonly "Pocket 9's" I would currently be interested in are:

Kimber Solo (metal)
S&W CS9 (metal- no longer in production)
Ruger LC9 (polymer framed)
Kahr

As I much prefer alloy framed guns, I'd only buy the Ruger as a truck gun or just on price.

For the best combination of quality and function- The Solo and CS9 beat everything else hands down.

S&W is really missing the upper end of the market by not re-issuing the CS9.
I have a CS9 and really like it. But carrying it in a pocket is not an option. We're talking 26 oz loaded here. I am looking for a new carry gun for warmer months. The CS9 carried IWB isn't great while I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I've narrowed it down to either the Bodyguard .380, or the Ruger LC9. The LC9 has almost identical dimensions to the CS9, but it's 5 ounces lighter fully loaded. it has the mag disconnect and manual safety that I like, and it fired the 9MM round, which i have plenty of on hand since all my semi autos are 9MM. I'm tempted to go the the Bodyguard, but .380 ammo is much more expensive, although the 15 ounce loaded weight of the Bodyguard and pockey carry option (don't know how often I'd pocket carry. I carry enough **** in my pockets) are also appealing. I assume S&W is going to produce a 9MM sub compact one day, but I doubt I'm gonna wait that long.

CS9 is a great belt gun. Pocket 9? Nah.