Thread: Titegroup
View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 12:43 PM

Liked 6,943 Times in 3,312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundgunner View Post
I’m one of the weird guys that really like Titegroup.

For me it has replaced Bullseye, Reddot & 700X. It is the only thing I use for 380 and 38spl. 357 up to mid power, 40s&w for light IDPA loads and then to 950fps with a 175 cast. It is the only powder I use in 45acp anymore and also 44 spl. It is also good for 45 Colt. I shoot 99.9% cast and do not push the envelope like I did when I was young and stupid.

In 44 mag I use a 240 SWC with 5 gr for bowling pins and plinking, towards the end of a bowling pin match the pins get heavy so I have some loaded with 6 gr.

I’m sure I wouldn’t try TG with a 300 grain SWC, and I won’t try to get a 240 SWC going 1300 fps with tite group either but that is not what it is made for. Some folks are very resistant to change, but think nothing of picking up a pound of Bullseye.
I find some exceptions to the use of fast burning powders in magnums. one being wad cutters.
since the whole slug gets pushed into the case, the internal volume shrinks right into their ideal operating range.
what you seem to do with titegroup, is something I address with Unique... like you, its a product of getting over my young self