View Single Post

Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New to the forum and found a 19-4 at the pawn shop.

This is my first post on this great forum I stubbled upon. There seems to be a wealth of knowledge for this revolver newbie to soak up.

I am looking for the advise of you wheel gun gurus. I saw that one of our local gun shops has a S&W 19-4 4" barrel in nickel for $299. It does has some considerable wear on the nickel at the muzzle and a few other spots. There is no visible rust however. The trigger feels great in DA and SA. The lockup feels just about as tight as my wifes 2 year old 442. It doesn't have the original grips, but comes with some decent looking rubber grips. It has a fixed serrated/ramped front sight and adjustable white outlined rear sight. The cylinder gap looks like it is well within spec and the forcing cone does not appear to have any of the reported cracking issues.

Does this seem like a good deal? From what I have seen model 19-4s on GB going for it seems really cheap. The gun is GTG with the worn nickel but could certainly use a new nickel job. Should I snatch this one up?