Thread: Living Proof
View Single Post

Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 PM
WW II Vet
Absent Comrade

Liked 8,711 Times in 1,959 Posts
Default Living Proof

I have posted a couple of times before trying to impress upon people, especially the younger ones, of the dangers of too much sun. I won't try to list the problems that sun damage has caused for me except that I have had melanoma plus skin cancers too numerous to count, many resulting in surgery, some pretty painful. Because of the melanoma I have full body exams every three months.

Three months ago I had four pre-cancers and cancers removed. One month ago I had to make a special appointment because of a place that showed up on my ear. It was removed. Two days ago I went for my regular three months check and had five places removed and one frozen.

It is so important that you protect your skin from sun damage yet so easy to not think it worthwhile. It really takes little effort use sun screen and wear protection on you head and arms when you are going to be exposed for a length of time. It will keep you from much misery and pain in your later life.

Not trying to get into anyone's business, just giving you some hard facts hoping to keep you from making the mistakes that I made.