Thread: S&W 586 RECALL
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 AM

Liked 348 Times in 203 Posts

I recently sent my 686 ND back for the "recall". Now....I am having second thoughts. The first rep. I talked to sent me a shipping label right on out via e-mail and I shipped her back. He indicated that he knew exactly what I was talking about and what had to be done. They received it on June 10th. I called back on July 5th. just to check on things and talked to a rep. who was obviously a new-hire, or had little experience on the job. He put me on hold and must have located the weapon and reported to me that they had not got around to it yet and the employee that had the gun told him he would have to give it a good going over, because a gun that old may need additional warranty work. The gun has been in the safe for around 20-years and likely fired around 25-30 times. So....I am not so sure what they plan to do, or what I will get back, or when I will get it back. I think I should have left it alone like it was. This experience has me a bit concerned if they really know what to do with it or not. They have had it for a month now and I don't expect it back within the next few days either. If mine was not broke....I would not let them fix it.

Last edited by snubbiefan; 07-08-2011 at 08:10 AM.