View Single Post

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,303 Times in 4,889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbb View Post
I'm having issues shooting the 642. The damn thing always seems to pull to the left...
I have heard that before - more than once. The "dxxx thing" just sits there in your hand. It does nothing. If you watch it while dry-firing a bit, you can easily see what's happening and eventually you can correct it.

I think there is a bit of a knack to getting the right grip on these little guns and figuring a way to keep pressing that trigger straight back. I use a completely different grip (very high) on Centennials than I do the bigger guns.

Pressing that trigger straight back is not as easy as with a K-frame, but it can be done, and I don't think it is imperative to rely on larger stocks. I have long, thin hands, but over the years of shooting Centennials, I have been able to teach myself to be a fair hand with one. I use the stocks the gun comes with (the Hogue rubber stocks, in the case of my 340PD, or add a T-grip if the gun has wood stocks).

When I first started shooting these guns, dry-firing helped me more than anything. Now my big problem is seeing those tiny little sights. Give it a little extra effort and see what you can do.