Thread: Titegroup
View Single Post

Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Any of you Tite "groupies" have a chronograph?

They tout that Titegroup is position insensitive but I wonder just how true that is. Wanna do a test for us here on the forum?

Now, I am not a TG hater, I don't use it anymore, just me. There are a lot of powders I don't use anymore, Green Dot is one, Blue Dot is another, you get the drift.

I just want to know if it really is position insensitive, in real world tests.

So, you revolver dudes that use it, do this for us: Load your normal load and before shooting each shot of cylinder full, point the gun to the muzzle. Remember to do it after each shot, recoil will move the powder around. Make a note of your chronograph readings.

Then, do just the opposite, hold the firearm at port, muzzle lifted perpendicular to the ground before each shot, and run them over the chrono. Make a note of your readings for doing this.

Just curious, be 100% honest, not that you wouldn't be. We just need real world stats, not manufacturer sales jargon.

Preferably, a large case with a bunny phhht load would be best for this test. @ 9mm with a 147gr RN with a full charge isn't going to tell us much. A 44Mag, 200gr LRNFP with the minimum charge will though.

Thanks in advance!