View Single Post

Old 07-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET. View Post
I bought a M&P 40 Pro Series (5" barrel). My neighbor bought a M&P 9L (5" barrel also). He immediately went out and spent $150 on a trigger job. Now his trigger feels pretty much like mine except he opted for a 2.5 lbs trigger pull. I bought my M&P 40 Pro for $569, he bought his M&P 9L for $464 at the same store. He's now spent $50 more than I did & we both still need night sights. It will pretty much end up costing us about the same...Except I went out and bought a 9mm conversion barrel with 2 9mm mags. I also bought a 357sig barrel. So now I can shoot 9mm, 40s&w or 357sig from my M&P, where as he can only shoot 9mm. I think I did quite well if anyone asks, thank you!!!

I shot both the M&P 9L & the M&P 40 Pro out of the box. Not only is the Pro trigger lighter & smoother than the standard M&P trigger, but the gun just feels better. I think they work on more than just the trigger when they send it to their Comp. Div. I can't prove it, but I felt the difference between the two guns. I didn't mention it to my neighbor, but when he shot my gun, he commented on how different it felt than his. He said that if he had shot those two before he bought his gun that he would have bought the Pro Series over the 9L.

Take it with a grain of salt because I'm just one guy out here amongst many, many posters, but I am sold on the Pro Series as a better all around gun. The Pro trigger alone was worth the $100 extra to me, but in my mind I got much more. Just remember that this might just all be in my mind to begin with. But that alone would be worth it because after all isn't the percieved value of something all in our minds to begin with? If I think I got a good deal then I got a good deal & I'm happier for it. If I'm happier for it then it was worht it. Make sense?
Thats almost exactly what ive done. I have the .40pro (5" model) and soon after I got it I put the night sights on it..very pleased with it now!