View Single Post

Old 07-10-2011, 12:10 PM

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I own an M&P 40 Pro with a long slide & 5" barrel. I am a Glock guy normally, but I bought this gun because I wanted a range/competition gun & I was having trouble finding a Glock 35 at a reasonable price. The M&P 40 is a very good shooting gun. It is as accurate as my Glocks & feels as good or better in my hand. As with the Glocks, I can & did buy a 357sig barrel and shoot 357sigs with a simple barrel exchange with 100% reliability. I love that round & carry it in the winter when I want more penetration through winter coats that the BG might wear.

I also bought a 9mm conversion barrel & 9mm mags and have been shooting 9mm ammo at the range to save money. I have yet to experience a single ftf when shooting the 9mm ammo & I don't expect to ever experience one. I also do this with my Glocks & have never had any ftf's with them either over some 4000 rounds or so when converting to 9mm. With the 40s&w M&P's you get a gun that shoots 3 different caliber rounds for the minimal add-on cost of 2 barrels & 9mm mags. Those are positives, I can't think of any negatives yet. If I do I'll let you know...