Thread: Titegroup
View Single Post

Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

You are right and thanks for checking. What it doesn't have is a load for your specific bullet. Now what to do?

Well, you can adjust one of the loads that is there, say a starting load for a 25gr heavier bullet and see how things go, OR you can use that phone thingy and call them. You could even use the email tool on their website. They will get back to you quickly and I have done this more than once when I was trying to push the envelope on a couple of loads.

Great folks.

There is another site that you may want to subscribe to, loaddata.com. They have all of Brian Pearce's data from the Handloader Magazine and it is a wealth of information.

Have fun, be safe.

p.s. Titegroup is NOT going to be in any 44Mag cartridge of mine with a heavy for caliber bullet, period. The reasons have been very well spelled out. An appropriate analogy would be using a croquette mallet to drive in steel fence posts. Will it work? Maybe, for a while, one thing for sure, it ain't gonna work well. There will be too much room in the case for air, something I really don't like and it hinders accuracy.

If you want a plinking round, and it sounds like you do, get some 200gr RNFP Cowboy bullets, some Trail Boss, fill the case to the place where the bottom of the bullet will stop and have fun. Your wife/girlfriend/significant other/kids will be able to shoot those loads!

FWIW