View Single Post

Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
They are so focused on their beloved Glocks that they cannot believe other guns exist. Not putting Glocks down because they do work when they are not going K-Boom. They are also ugly, heavy, not ergonomically correct for human wrist/hands and are virtually impossible to be tested ballistically to see what gun fired what round.
Well, with all due respect, I am a member of Glocktalk & other forums that tend to deal with Glocks & polymer guns. I do not see the bias that you say you encounter on a regular basis. In fact, I see far more bias in your statements than I see in most Glock owners statements towards S&W metal framed guns & the traditional 1911 guns. I own several Glocks & carry one daily. I also own several S&W handguns and love them as well. I am currently looking at a S&W 1911 as my next purchase. You on the other hand seem to abhor Glocks & other polymer guns & my guess is you would never own one. That would make whom biased towards a certain type of gun? Biased is as biased does my grandmother used to say. (OK, she never said that, but I saw Forrest Gump the other night & I can't get the "stupid is as stupid does" thing out of my mind.)

As to the other posters who are calling polymer gun owners "posers" & "tacticool" simply because they choose to carry a polymer gun such as a Glock or an M&P, I don't get it. I carry a Glock 27 because it is the most fire power I can find in a gun that I can totally conceal with summer wear, it's light enough that it won't pull my pants down to my knees & was offered at a price that I could live with. Oh, & it is one of the most reliable guns on the market. That is my choice for those reasons. How does that make me a poser or tacticool? I've carried for years and for the most part, the gunowners I encounter are not trying to be cool or pretend to be officers. They are concerned with the safety of themselves & their families. There seems to be a pervasive attitude by some, who look down on gun owners who own the guns they deem to be inferior & that says volumes to me.

Last edited by ET.; 07-13-2011 at 09:23 PM.