View Single Post

Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Liked 109 Times in 79 Posts

Well my MP 15-22 wouldn't be my go-to .22LR squirrel gun. I guess if your goal is to kill a squirrel it would do the job but if you are looking for headshots at 50 yards ( for the meat ) this isn't the gun. The head of a squirrel is about the size of a quarter as I am sure you well know and at 50 yards my rifle won't shoot that well. I am lucky to make consistant kills on gophers ( about the same size a squirrel ) at 25 yards and those are not headshots. I am sure a better trigger group will help accuracy but IMHO this is just a fun cheap to shoot pop/beer can plinker.

I have not had any problems with fail to feed, fail to fire, or fail to eject so on that it is a great gun. Also the most fun gun to personalize with add ons. I have seen others on this forum that have good accuracy.

Guess I should have added my MP 15-22 is my go-to gun for taking out just for fun shooting and if the opportunity presents itself for a shot at gophers I will send them running for their hole if they make it that far. In short I am sure you won't regret buying this rifle.

Last edited by team sidewinder; 07-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: