View Single Post

Old 07-17-2011, 01:01 AM

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Love at first sight at Gander Mtn...for $700 :)

Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker here since shooting with a buddy and trying his Model 41. You guys (and gals) had me drooling and yearning for the day I would finally be able to get my mitts on one of these beauties.

Well today was the day!!!

A week of so back I went to Gander Mountain (major sporting goods retailer here) and saw a M41 in the used gun case. I had to look at her right away! The salesman said that it just came in and also came with an extra barrel. He added that he was considering buying it, but got a Buckmark instead. He was about to put it away, but I had to say "ring her up!".

Here's the beauty of this one:
  • It has serial #907XX...I think it was made the year I was born! (can anyone confirm the year built?)
  • It has an efs barrel! (with lazy &)
  • It also came with another barrel...I was bummed it wasn't an efs, but I got it home and it is the 5" field barrel!!!
  • It has what looks to be white factory lettering (both barrels). Anyone heard of this?
  • My buddy says it looks like it was a safe queen.
  • Nice Herret grips...fits my friend's huge hands as well as my wife's small hands.
I'll post pics soon...right now I'm not sure what to do with it. I was anxious to take it to the range, but after finding out all this, I'd hate to shoot up such a nice find.

Thanks for any help and thanks to all of you for helping me find my dream shooter...even if I'm afraid to 'shoot-'er'.

Ken