View Single Post

Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by team sidewinder View Post
That is pretty much the same scope I am using but not a 3x9. I am using a NcStar Mark III 4X32 P4 ret.

But I am not getting groups like that.
What kind of groups are you getting, Sidewinder? What kind of ammo? Are you shooting off-hand or benched? Have you checked your barrel-nut for tightness? Scope mount tight?

I use CCI Minimags, 40gr. FMJ only! That's all I have ever shot in my 15-22, other than one box of Stingers. My shooting was from a benched sandbag position. Barrel nut is tight. Even so, I am envious of others on the forum who have much better results than mine. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

You might try zeroing in at 25 yards. Compare your scope with your open sights shooting. I would think that the patterns should be very similar (close). Then, if so, go to the 50 yard mark and repeat the setup. That's exactly what I did with mine. Just a suggestion....maybe someone else can shed more light on the situation?

If nothing else, give S&W a call and see what they recommend. Who knows? Maybe they will send you a new barrel! (yeah, right!). Good luck and I hope you solve your issue.....

Last edited by Jammer; 07-17-2011 at 12:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: