View Single Post

Old 07-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
Everyone on the internet has "a friend" with a Glock that blew up. You'd think there were Glocks blowing up every day at ranges all over the US... I've never seen one. Not trying to give you a hard time, I just hate seeing this falsehood constantly perpetuated on internet forums.
Well, this isn't a falsehood Drag ole buddy! In fact, the friend is a forum member here so verifying the KB is relatively simple. Send a pm to Paul5388 and see what he has to say. The gun belonged to his son or son in law.

Here is how I see the Glock and KB issue. They happen, period. If you turn a blind eye to it, you are an idiot, plain and simple. They have happened for various reasons other than an unsupported chamber, got it. What I liken it to is this: Let's say you have a folding knife. That knife does not have a lock for the blade on it. No problem, it was designed that way. Now let's say you need to pry something with it and the only way you can git r did is to pry in the way that the knife closes. Would you put your fingers between the handle and the blade? No, that is, unless you are an idiot.

Same thing with a Glock, and a high pressure round especially, you just gotta know how to load for them. Plain and simple. That is why I NEVER load fast burning powders in a 40S&W nor a 9mm for that matter if it is going to be shot in a Glock. I just know that "it ain't got a lock" and "pry in the other direction", simple.

To ignore the well documented FACT that Glocks have had an exorbitant amount of KBs with factory ammo is more than silly. It is down right dangerous.