View Single Post

Old 07-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
Old, outdated information that is no longer correct. 1st Gen Glock 22s? Come on, there have been some improvements in the last 21 years. Not uncommon to fire out of battery? Show me even one that was caused by the gun.

More unsubstantiated misinformation that continues to circulate the internet...
Drag,

You are not being logical here. 1st off, Glocks do not need defended, they need to be used. They are ugly, blocky, steel and plastic when put together like they do work, and, they work well. They are more than adequately functional and superbly accurate BUT as long as there is just ONE first generation Glock 22 out there from the offending era, the information that they may be susceptible to a KB is good info.

Now, here is one way to get around that little piece of info: Have Glock do a free safety upgrade to those early pistols.

It also needs to be noted that they are not the only firearms with this problem. Remember the 38Super 1911's that had the same problem? Or how about the Browning High Power that I and several others have owned and had a KB in?

To dismiss this knowledge as outdated only perpetuates the possibility that some unsuspecting novice handloader might ignorantly cause a dangerous situation in the handgun they own. I for one am not ready to be a contributing factor in having that happen so, I will continue my warnings about reloading high pressure calibers in handguns with unsupported chambers of which, Glock is one.

This is silly to me. It is like those two school kids that are in the parking lot yelling at each other at the top of their lungs and one is yelling "Chevy" and the other "Ford" all the while not realizing that both can breakdown for various reasons.

So, if you want to say that the info isn't any good for the pistols that Glock makes today, say that but please include the disclaimer that the early versions had some real problems.