View Single Post

Old 07-21-2011, 11:57 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXRandall View Post
actually what makes me smile is the similarity these numbers provide for the .40S&W and the .45ACP. don't get me wrong i love the .45 and shoot it out of my 1911 on occasion, but i really like .40S&W. when they first marketed it the tag line was "the power of a .45 with the magazine capacity of a 9"...heh don't know if that's entirely true but i've been hooked on the .40 ever since. it's a great round.
my dad and I have had several discussions regarding the .40 SW cartridge...he is a tried and true 9mm man and i have only recently bought a pistol after owning several rifles in various calibers

I admit .40 wasnt initially my first choice--I stumbled upon 'smoking hot deal' on a Glock 22 ( former Detroit PD patrol pistol even) for $275--and initially intended to keep it until i could afford a Kimber .45 1911

several hundred rounds later in various bullet configurations and weights I honestly do not know what the hype about .45 is all about! I bought my 'carry' pistol in .40 ( HK USP Compact) and have no intention of looking back...