View Single Post

Old 07-23-2011, 07:53 PM

Liked 42 Times in 10 Posts

I always have hoppes #9 on the shelf, I make sure to get more before I run out, I always go for the 'BIG' bottle, which lasts a loooooooooooong time i learned to shoot at boy scout camp when I was 12 (fifteen years ago now), and I spent most of my time there at the rifle range every summer until i eventually worked there for 5 summers in a row, and became assistant-director of rifle and shotgun The director's cleaning methods were hoppes 9 solvent and hoppes lube, he taught me as a 12 year old attendee, and that's how we cleaned 'em there as a late-teens employee. it works great and I've never needed to use anything else in their place. The one thing I have changed as a gun owner, is I LOVE rem-oil, I usually spray all the dirty bits and bbl with it, let 'em sit for a half hour, and it makes the rest of the cleaning go MUCH faster after. Gotta love bore snakes too eh!? I used to use soooooo many patches, specially with my percussion guns.

+99 points for Hoppes Cologne, we've all though about it, but when does it hit the shelves!?!?!