View Single Post

Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
I love mine. I have had it for at least a decade now.

The single expansion chamber compensator that S&W some times refers to as a Power Port and others as the Carry Comp is quite effective at reducing muzzle climb. All anyone that is not convinced of this needs to do is shoot a 3" 586 or 686 next to the L-comp utilizing the same ammunition.

The revolvers are VERY accurate plus you have 7 rounds of 357 Magnum ammunition and the ability to use moon clips if you desire.

Whats not to like?

The issue with the sights is not that they go dead (take them into a dark room and look at them they are still glowing), the issue is that a vial of tritium small enough to fit into a standard width S&W front sight does not contain enough of the gas to generate a level of illumination that most folks can easily see. People that have very good night vision can barely make them out.

This is why the Night Guards are wearing the Ashley Big Dot front sight. It allows for a much larger tritium vial.

RufusG,
If your sights were truly dead get them replaced. They have a 10 year warranty.
That is not entirely accurate. The XS front sight on the night guard series is the standard dot. The difference between the standard dot and big dot front sight is the size of the white outline around the vial. Trijicon is making the vials for the market and they are all pretty much the same size. For example, Trijicon sells vials to XS.