View Single Post

Old 08-02-2011, 12:30 PM

Liked 207 Times in 100 Posts

Why don't you take up handloading instead of selling you S&W1006? With the same set of dies you can load the 10mm and the 40S&W cartridges...You can adjust your loadings accordingly to suit your needs for your pistols. There are many options as far as presses go fit your budget and needs.

I was handloading way before the 10mm cartridge came out, fantastic hobby BTW. I have loaded for my 1006 from day one developed loads using certain powders before they were listed in the normal handloading manuals. More recently I have added the 9x25Dillon (10mm necked down to 9mm) and the 357Sig (40S&W necked down to 9mm) to my handloading activities. I have loaded many from mild to extremely wild ballistic performance safely over the past 30+ years. You set your own quality controls to build ammunition that can deliver match grade performance.

BM1 is also making a few barrels for me, to add to my 10xx series to add even more flexibility to the S&W platform!

Heck, if you decide not to load your own, send me your brass, so I can play a little more! I'll provide you my address and reimburse you the shipping!