View Single Post

Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 AM
US Veteran

Liked 65 Times in 17 Posts

I believe that basketweave leather looks better, and ages better. However nylon is a lot lighter, and if you are wearing it every day weight is a huge factor. It sounds like we are both in the same line of work. I started out with an entire nylon rig, and in the last year we have "upgraded" to leather. I can say that the leather looks better, but they both serve the exact same purpose with no greater benefits. That purpose being, it hold all your stuff at your waist with easy excess. The nylon rig was lighter, a lot lighter. I miss that thing sooooo much.

My rig consists of a 3 inch belt, metal belt buckle, (the nylon rig had a plastic snap), latex glove holder, holster, asp holder, pepper spray holder, handcuff holder, keyring, flashlight holder, double magazine holder, and taser holster. Everything is leather except the taser holster.

Like I said I had the same rig but everything was nylon, and it was a good 3-5 lbs lighter, no joke. That doesn't sound like a lot of weight, but when wearing it everyday, all day it is enormous.