View Single Post

Old 08-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Liked 99 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbulladdikt View Post
As stated before...dont discount a .410 with the right loadout--i have seen what the PDX ammo can do to steel at close range--not as dramatic as a 12 but might be more economical

Think thast the point here is--eat bologna sandwiches for a week or two and scratch together $150 and get a shotgun instead of staking your safety on a .22 longterm
I agree on the potential of the .410, but I have seen a couple pumps that are very finicky with some of the 'Judge' loads so I am hesitant to recommend the combo to someone on a budget. I am trying to troubleshoot a 500 .410 for a friend right now that is perfectly reliable with regular shotgun ammo, but when shooting the Federal 4-pellet OO (or is it OOO??) load it will sometimes let one slip past the shell stop and drop to the ground when cycling the action. It has to be something with a minor change in rim diameter or thickness to make it work better in one of the 5 shot cylinders, but I have to find my calipers so that I can measure them out properly.

When they do cycle though the patterns are great. It will consistently put 4 pellets in about 14 inches at 25 yards.