View Single Post

Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Liked 26,142 Times in 8,798 Posts

OK, here is my .02 cents...............

The rebound spring can be replaced with a lighter Wolf spring. You can buy the assortment pack which includes 5 springs ranging from 11 - 15 pounds. You can then experiment until you find what you like and works well in your particular gun.

As far as the main spring is concerned, there is no reason to replace it. What I do is I buy a few strain screws (don't like to grind an original) and remove a little material from the screw to cause it to push the main spring in less. This will lighten the action. If you happen to go too far, you then take another screw and grind it down a bit less than the one that did not work. The screws are very inexpensive, and by slightly shortening them it still allows them to be fully tightened.

These two things in conjunction with a very light deburring /polishing and some high quality lubricant will result in a light slick action. Just make sure that this is designated a "RANGE GUN ONLY". Do not use it for self defense. I even go so far as to put a note in the box with gun that states that it has a lightened action and if anything should happen to you, the person getting the gun will know the score. I put the original rebound spring and strain screws in a small zip lock bag and staple it to the note.

Chief38
The Following 3 Users Like Post: