View Single Post

Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Liked 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leswill View Post
i got a M&P-22, as soon as they came out with the threaded barrels, and it is a total dog. basically a single shot, with 8 different types of ammo. i was eading the forums at the time, and tried tuning the ejector, but it still does not work. now,, i have faith in, and realize that smith has outstanding warrenties, and will be happy to fix this junker. but,, i got aggravated with messing with it, and chunked it in a closet and forgot about it until asked by a guy at the range,
yesterday, '' what ever did you do with that *** you were fooling with''?
that got me to thinking about it again, and now i am going to do something to get it fixed, or throw it in the creek, with a quarter taper to it, so i can say i threw away something worth 2 bits.
then, this morning i remembered i had ordered some mags from .44 mag, that were marked a little different from the factory mags, which i was using during all my problems. did smith revise the mags, to make the rifle more reliable???
on top of everything else, i had bought another one for my grandson, unfired in the box, that i didn't give him because of all my troubles. i guess next week i will get all this resolved, one way or another, see if the lad's gun will operate, send mine to smith for repairs, etc. this has drug on long enough. any hot tips, or advise, now that the rifles have been out a while???

#1-I would be careful about calling this rifle a junker or a dog, especially in this forum.

#2-Don't try working on a rifle at home, especially with extractors, because it is always easier to get it done right the first time by S&W. And, extractors are finnicky.

#3-You made the right call in getting one for your grandson.

Hope you get it fixed so you can play with it soon.