View Single Post

Old 08-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
22 is would not be my first choice but since it is all you have I would just get any ammo that you find really reliable. It won't make a huge difference if they are hollow point or not. I probably would want more penetration and not go with hollow point.

There was a recent report of a woman that was showering. Someone broke into her home. Somehow she was able to get to her night stand and get her 22 revolver. Intruder died.

I bet you most of the people on here including myself would not be able to take a couple shots of a 22 and continue to come at you. So don't listen to the tough guy bigger is better talk.

That being said, when you do have the money, buy a shotgun. Mossberg Maverick Model 88 usually goes for $199-$230. Mossberg 500 usually goes for around $279.

stories like these abound...and agreed I cannot say I would appreciate being shot by a .22--that being said I also wouldn't bet my life or my families' on it--I will stick with my 160 GR Hyrda-shok in my USP; no guesswork it WILL kill/incapacitate in one shot