View Single Post

Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Liked 17,007 Times in 3,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublesharp View Post
Hell Yes! Good for you and I sincerely wish you the best.

I've got 18 years in a similar situation. I graduated high school in the same class as my wife, 1969. We were distant friends in school and then lost touch. I made my living as a fruit peddler and this good looking lady came in the stand to get some strawberries in summer of 1993. I was just about to sign the papers on a nasty divorce and was open for business and looking for love.

I recognized her, or so I thought. "Hi Pam" I said enthusiastically. She says "I'm not Pam, I'm Vicki!" "Of course you are" says I and after a whirlwind courtship, we've been together ever since.

Pam was a year ahead of us in school and was very hot so it wasn't an insult and she did resemble Vicki back in the day. In today's market Vicki's a 9 and Pam's maybe a 6. Course they all call me the silver fox.

Best move of my life. Easy to make small talk when we both know where all the bodies are buried in this semi small town we've both lived in all our lives.
Great story! Good luck to you.

I got a chuckle out of your comment that it's easy to make small talk when you know where all the bodies are buried. Lucy comes from a very large extended family, and you can't swing a dead cat in my town without hitting one of her siblings or cousins. Much of our conversation was about her family and mine -- she remembers my sons as very little boys, and they are all grown up now -- and it made for a very easy and relaxed first date.