View Single Post

Old 08-14-2011, 05:28 PM

Liked 4,315 Times in 2,114 Posts

I think the OP was trying to prove that S&W was being a bit over conservative concerning the use of +P ammo in the model 12. If you look at the numbers for standard and +P variants of 38 spl. it's apparent that 38 +P really isn't that much more powerful than the standard pressure.

He's also confirmed my personal choice of never purchasing any of the aluminum or scandium framed framed revolvers. While they may be easier to carry they do beat you up in an extended range session, even when shooting a rather mild caliber.

Finally, he's confirmed that the Speer Lawman is the really really GOOD stuff. One range I shoot at has this fully stocked in 9mm and 40 caliber and while a bit pricey it's proven to be the most accurate ammo I've used in my 40 calibers. Too bad that can't get any of the 38 spl. in because I'd love to get more, shot off my last 2 boxes of the 125 gn. 38 spl. doing some accuracy testing and the results were splendid. IMO Speer should dump the Blazer and start marketing the Lawman outside of the LE channel, because it's a really first class ammo.