View Single Post

Old 08-15-2011, 07:05 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Lobo-

That was one issued holster, but there was an earlier version that had a swivel above the holster. A lot of the guys liked that one because it made it easier to sit in vehicles.

I personally wore both Threepersons and Jordan holsters, one for a .38 and one for a .45 auto. Had a Bianchi .45 holster,. too, basically a Treepersons. All private purchase

My first was a typical sportsman's holster. Retaining strap went over the trigger guard, not the hammer. I had to buy it in downtown Denver, because the supply room was out of holsters. A classmate from AP school and I went shopping for them, and that's what we found. My Bianchi was later mail-orderd, and a Dallas shoe repair shop made a couple of holsters for less than major manufacturers charged.

In Newfoundland, no one paid much attention, and I sometimes wore a personal Colt Gold Cup .45 on duty. All our sidearms up there were .45's, as we had some agreement with the Canadians that they'd get the base and contents eventually, and the USAF wasn't eager to send our newest stuff there.

Until enough Model 15's were available, they had priority for higher ranking NCO's and officers and for combat zones. (Vietnam) Lower ranks had a mix of Victory Models, Colt Commando and Official Police guns. The Colts were far fewer.

T-Star