View Single Post

Old 08-16-2011, 08:06 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Unlike my old 5" JM PC627 V-Comp, with it's dovetailed front sight, I believe the 5" tapered lug PC627 has the same springloaded front sight mount, a la the 'Classic/DX' 629's, as my 4" 627 Pro and 625JM. I would call S&W CS to find the appropiate height (My pair needed .250".). I like the fo style - like SDM/HiViz - but there are many other choices.

I find the Starline & Rem brass to load most easily and securely - and by hand, too - in Ranch Products 'clips. Other brand cases can get hard to load by hand - and, loaded, they are stiff in the 'clips - often, not pefectly aligned - making loading the clip as fidgety as the 'loose' Starline cases - which I prefer. If you have ever loaded 'clipped .45 ACP's into a 625/25, you will likely be disappointed in the fidget-factor of the 8-slot moonclipped loads and a 627. Stll much faster than by hand - or, possibly, a speedloader. I use the Brownell's nutdriver-style demooner - it holds eight .357M cases inside while you grab a ZipLoc bag to dump them in. While I am not familiar with the Maxfire speedloaders, I do have a few of the excellent machined 5starfirearms.com speedloaders and really enjoy using them - they don't care what brand or size, .38 or .357, of ammo you load, either.

The 627 is a super fun revolver - I hope you enjoy it!

Stainz
The Following User Likes This Post: