View Single Post

Old 08-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Liked 42 Times in 10 Posts

For CCW I prefer my SW1911, but when concealing isn't necessary, I prefer this combo, my 629-2 'Mountain Revolver' .44mag in an old safariland shoulder rig. I happen to be a right-handed person, and this was a right-handed holster, but after a lot of draw-practice I decided to actually 'flip' it, and I wear it on my right side now, as a lefty would for cross draw. I find that my 'cavalry' draw is significantly faster than my cross draw, and also much easier for me to control and limit where that muzzle is pointing between it leaving the holster and the sights reaching the target. Also, I've found that being a righty, it's easier for me to 'forget' this massive gun is there (not entirely, but you know what I mean?)when I'm wearing it on my right side. Anyone else wear their shoulder rig on the same side as their dominant hand? I find it to be comfier, faster, and safer, but I know it's different strokes for different folks. I just got this awesome wheelgun not long ago, I wear a big jacket in the winter, so I might be able to CCW with this rig in the colder months depending on where I'm going and what I'll be doing.

The Following 3 Users Like Post: