View Single Post

Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,158 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldEagle1313 View Post
The pin is there, and in the proper place in the hammer block slot.. It just looks like te hammer block is too short. It doesn't go all the way up to the rabbet in the trigger. I got it used, for a real good price, so I suppose I can't complain too much. I just don't like hearing a gun rattle inside. That, and the super-light single-action trigger pull seems almost dangerous.
Someone has "worked" on your gun and buggered it. Don't cock the hammer with the gun loaded until you have it repaired. Your bargain gun is going to cost you some money, if you can even find a qualified gunsmith to fix it. Maybe the factory will still do that. I've read that they will still work on most revolvers with a number, so if yours was made in 1957 or later, it will be a Model 28 and qualify.

I think your sear area has been tampered with. Depending on what was done, you may have to replace the hammer and or trigger.

Someone probably knowingly sold you a gun that is dangerous. Hence, the low price. But the gun is a good one, worth repairing and enjoying for years to come!

Last edited by Texas Star; 08-20-2011 at 04:57 PM.