View Single Post

Old 08-20-2011, 05:35 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,158 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by george minze View Post
Darn good memory...thanks It was driving me nuts Mannix...He wore the first small of the back holster I had seen....Started a trend for a while..
I don't think much of that carry, and Jim Wilson, the ex-sheriff turned gun writer, told me that if you get knocked down in a fight, the holster position can easily cause spinal injury.

Otherwise, I liked Mannix, but preferred Peter Gunn. It was a more sophisticated show than most.

Another show that I liked then (I guess I was maybe 12) was, Adventures in Paradise, with Gordon Somebody. When he had a a gun, it was a Webley MK IV .38. He kept it hidden on his boat, sailing near Australia.

I'm almost certain that Peter Gunn had a M-36 or 37 S&W, but can't recall if it had the early small triggerguard. It would have had the flat cylinder release. I think the show was gone by the time that that changed, about 1966.

I tried to find Peter Gunn on the Imdb database, but couldn't. But I'm almost sure about the Chief's Special. Not sure, but I think he carried it crossdraw.

The detectives of that era seem more real for their times than many do now.

Last edited by Texas Star; 08-20-2011 at 05:38 PM.