View Single Post

Old 08-20-2011, 09:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After searching for weeks trying to find the bodyguard in stock within a reasonable driving distance, I found one this morning at 9am. Went in and picked it up at 2pm. Drove it home at 3pm, showed it off to the wife right around 3:30pm, loaded and off to wal mart we went for groceries. (super easy to pocket carry, or carry in general vs my Sigma 9mm)
Got home roughly 5:30pm, put the groceries away, and headed out to the grill to cook up some brats. Heres where it gets interesting. I took the bodyguard out to give it a little closer inspection and tapped the laser button (right side) nothing, left side, nothing, right side, nothing. DAMN! Sure enough, popped open the manual to find further info on the laser itself. Field stripped, removed the laser containing 2 small batteries. No clue how long this had been on the shelf and no clue how much that laser may have been used. Its a long shot, but I drove back to walmart and picked up new batteries, came home, installed............ nothing.

The laser switch had taken a **** somewhere between the hours of 330pm and 630pm... looks like I will be on the phone with S&W bright and early Monday morning.

I absolutely LOVE my Sigma. I have been raving about the Bodyguard for months. Based on this situation alone, you can bet the conversations about this weapon will be much different than I would have expected.

4 hours of ownership and 0 rounds fired. Not a great first impression. Back to waiting we go. I can just about imagine how long it will take to get this rectified. Probably have to send it in, they will test it, either fix or replace, and send it back. I'm ballparking a 3 week turnaround.

(2nd paragraph **** equals a term used for feces that starts with a "c". I went that route to prevent said "****" evidently we are censored as 3yr olds. Oddly enough, I can say damn, Damn, DAMN!)

Last edited by mnwildfan2k; 08-20-2011 at 09:51 PM.