Thread: Value of 19-4
View Single Post

Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 PM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Value of 19-4

Hello. I'm considering selling an S&W revolver that I have. It's a snubnose 19-4 with pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. Serial 91K17XX. As I understand it, this was late in the 1980 production cycle.

Any opinions as to it's value?

She's wearing Ahrends grips made of Moradillo right now, but I do have some brand new S&W factory grips (new grips, not the original for the 19-4), as well as a Tyler T-Grip (in excellent/like new condition). I also have the Pachmayr Decelerator grips that it was wearing when I bought it (in good shape). So I guess the new owner could take the grips and decide what they like. I'd probably only add in a little extra for the Ahrends grips and the Tyler T-grip as apparently Tyler is now out of business.

Lock up is tight. Forcing cone is in perfect shape (I am aware of the issue with the 6 o'clock position, and have made sure only to fire 158gr rounds through it). Finish is 95%+ - only minor wear on the bluing on the front sight, the cylinder arm (very small) and of course where the cylinder turns.

I guess whatever amount I can expect to possibly get for it will determine if I put it up for sale.

Thanks for any opinions. Here's a picture, it's in great shape. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Last edited by stonecutter2; 08-21-2011 at 07:18 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: